Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Season of Fusion (Part-III) - Summer - The Determination

Continued from Season of Fusion - Monsoon...
There is no end of craving. Hence contentment alone is the best way to happiness. Therefore, acquire contentment.
- Swami Sivananda
The desire for sensual pleasures fades away if one abstains from sense enjoyment, but the craving [for sense enjoyment] remains. The craving also disappears from the one who has seen [or known] the Supreme.
- Bhagavad Gita

We all have cravings, everyone craves for some thing or the other only the intensity differs. This is for all of us...

Winter is over, wind has brought me a message, the season of dryness and sereness is here. All of the monsoon I was running around seeking pleasure from the rain, the cool breeze and the tender sunshine, however momentary it was... it was worth it.

By now the rain had already disappeared into the distance but I could still reach out to the wind. Distant from the wind I was getting increasingly agitated and unsteady, I could feel my senses craving for that cool breeze. Every now and then I travelled the distance to fill the wind deep into my senses, it used to make me feel in control. Deep inside I knew that it is eating me from inside and so I made attempts not to outreach the wind.

For now it appeared like the wind has come to me for one last time with the message. Well I am already preparing myself to bid farewell to the cool breeze that it was for me.

From here on I only see rust and dusty storms until the next monsoon arrives. And so I'm setting out on a journey to experience the supreme. The road is going to be my soul and the destination... my date!

3 comments:

  1. Well composed, I guess I can understand this post more than anyone else !!! Anyways you have pictured the phases of life very well (rather your life). I agree that the summer is around and sometimes some rainy seasons drench u with happiness or they give innumerable potholes on your smooth heart (indirectly) , but then remember that you always have another rainy season coming up and who knows , it may be better than the one that went past!!!!!!

    BTW did you get the ticket for this journey ;) , I guess you got the 1st Class AC ticket :D !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Raja! well... I'll prefer road than a rail track.. you know me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. but u were asking for IRCTC sometime ago :D !!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete